It is a April 1965 build XP Falcon Coupe or Hardtop. It is a Futura model that was fitted with a 170ci 'Super Pursuit engine and a 3 speed column shift. The car was originally white with blue vinyl interior and carpets!
In 1992 it was purchased for $3750.00 Aussie dollars and began its restoration and customisation journey. The list inlcudes....
It seems the guy who did all the work and spent a mint didn't really use the car when it was totally finished.
- · Celica cast iron 5 speed gearbox and hydraulic actuator.
- · Exhaust extractors and dual sports exhaust system
- · Holley 2300 series 2 barrel carburettor - 320 cfm.
- · Full body respray in British Racing Green (baked enamel), complete with rust proofing hidden areas.
- · Respray dash
- · New outer doorskins
- · Reco steering box
- · Re-chroming of both bumpers
- · New windscreen and seal
- · Reco diff and rear axle
- · New shock absorbers
- · AM/FM radio CD player - in the glove box and period radio in the dash (looks cool)
- · Battery mounted in the boot
- · Storage compartments built into the boot
- · Chrome wire wheels and Yokohama tyres
- · Stratos front seats
- · Interior all re-trimmed to match
- · Seatbelts for 5
- · Reco 221ci engine
The car was imported into the UK in July 2005 and not used. I bought the car in March 2006 and drove it back to Ireland. Since I've had the car I've fitted.....
And I plan to install an electric thermo fan and fit 2 new tyres as the worn tie rod ends didn't do me any favours. Apart from that it all been done - all I have to do is look after her and use her.
- · New ball joints and tie rod ends
- · New door and boot locks
It starts on the button and is very comfortable for long trips - returning 25-30 mpg if you're good with the right foot. It sounds great and gives the young lads in their Honda Civics and the like something to think about!